Our updated club policies and procedures are as follows:
Access and Occupancy
- The club will not be open without staff present. Staff will oversee access to the gym equipment, remind members of physical distancing and other requirements, and thoroughly disinfect equipment between uses.
- The entrance to the gym is marked with clear indicators to direct members to remain 2m apart while queuing to enter.
- Payment is touch-free whenever possible.
- All classes remain suspended.
- The women’s section and studio will remain closed.
- Members will be asked about their health before entering and required to sign documents stating they will not attend if they show symptoms of COVID-19, or are living with someone who is showing symptoms, self-isolating or is quarantined. If the member shows symptoms of COVID-19, they will be directed to call 811 for guidance.
- The number of members allowed into the facility at any one time will be monitored so that members may remain a minimum of two metres from each other at all times within the facility.
- Upon entry, patrons will each be issued a towel and a bottle of disinfectant, and requested to spray and wipe down equipment before and after use. Towel and spray bottle to be returned to the front desk upon departure, where towels will be binned for washing, and spray bottles disinfected before reuse.
- Signs are posted at the entrance to notify members that they must not enter if they have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Signs are posted throughout the facility to make patrons aware of the two metre physical distancing requirements, enhanced sanitation procedures (including reminders for members to wipe equipment with disinfectant before and after each use), limited use of the locker rooms and closed water fountains.
- Hand-sanitizer is stationed at entrance to facility, in seventeen locations throughout the facility, and in washrooms.
- Hand soap and hot water available in washrooms.
- All spray bottles contain disinfectants effective against COVID-19 as mandated by the federal government of Canada.
- All equipment in the facility has been deep-cleaned in preparation for opening.
- Cardio machines upstairs have been spaced apart and have been fitted with dividers.
- We have constructed 100 separate protective health guards of heavy-duty transparent vinyl and PVC piping. Every piece of equipment is shielded from its’ neighbour by these screens.
- Members are required to choose floor space that is more than 2m distant from other members when working out.
- Members are required to maintain physical distancing, and to exit the facility at the end of their workout without delay.
- Water fountains and dispensers are closed. Members must bring their own water bottles, or purchase a drink from staff.
- Members are advised to limit use of the locker room to 5 members at a time. Fixtures in locker rooms are disinfected before and after each use.
- Day locker use will not be allowed, monthly locker rental will be available to mitigate locker handle transmission.
- Showers will be closed until further notice.
- Tanning facilities will be available as they are sterilized between uses.